Re: [teacherartexchange] how to present geography and history in art?

---------

From: ceastman (ceastman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2006 - 07:55:38 PDT

museums almost always have internal educational facilities/progrms and
many times "outreach" programs. the detroit institute of arts will send
a docent out to your classroom to talk about art works prior to your
field trip and the cranbrook museum (birmingham, MI) used to have a
program which taught about curating in which the students had the
opportunity to curate an exhibit of their own. i believe the national
gallery offers slide presentations by mail.
linda in michigan on an absolutely UNBEATABLE summer day!