Re: [teacherartexchange] New Altered Book Work

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 06:25:18 PDT

Mike these are great, really great. I do altered books
myself, and really tried with my small all-year 8th
graders and never had anything this awesome come out
of it. They really tend to want to make them into
scrapbooks - paint the pages and glue family photos in
- unaltered. And are so facinated by the look of paint
on the pages they insist on leaving them blank.
They are still in a really personal stage - they have
a hard time thinking of overarching themes beyond
friends and family - or big blocky crosses with
spindly vines on an ice cream scoop hill with a
sunrise. Anyway, Bravo.