Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Luis Jimenez

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 09:09:23 PDT

While I was painting is Taos last week we received the sad news that
New Mexico sculptor Luis Jimenez had died after a tragic accident in his
studio. Last year I traveled with other Albuquerque Docents to visit his
studio in Hondo, New Mexico. Luis was such a gracious host showing us
through his studio and explaining how he and his craftsman constructed
the massive fiberglass sculptures he is known for.
The art world and New Mexico suffered a great loss with his death.
Below are some links to sites about his sculpture:

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM 87199-1703