[teacherartexchange] Photoshop problems

---------

From: Peri Raygor-Yanez (perigraphics_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 21:25:28 PDT

Subject: Photoshop Problems
From: Woody Duncan <woodyduncan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:08:40 -0600

I have Photoshop CS2 on an i-mac PowerPC G5 using OS 10.4.6
When I tried to open photoshop today I got this message:
"Could not initialize Photoshop because the disc is not available"
I reinstalled my photoshop software to no avail. What disc are they
talking about ? It worked earlier today. The computer did go out
and I had to turn the power off and back on to get it to restart.
Does anyone know what's up here ?
                                Frustrated in Albuquerque, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
          mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net
  Hi, Woody,

I just had a hard drive go out on an I Book this weekend. So I've
been reading everything at the Apple website.
You might check several things. The disk permissions may need to be
repaired (Use Apple's Disk Utility to repair them (It's in the
Applications/Utilities folder: First Aid. Select the volume on which
you want to install Photoshop and then click Repair Disk Permissions.

Another thing that Adobe suggests is to run Apple;s Disk Utility and
determine if your hard disk was damaged when the power went out.
Click Repair to check and, if necessary repair your disk. If you
have repeated problems, make sure you back up all of your files,
incase the hard drive is failing.

For more information about this and other possibilities check
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/327279.html

Peri