Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop Problems

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 02:40:18 PDT

Hi Woody,

Have you tried using one of the hard drive repair software programs such Disk
Warrior or Norton Utilities? Something may have been damaged temporarily when
the computer shut down because of the power outage. Sounds like an erroneous
statement that can come up when the Mac just doesn't know what to do.

Hope this helps somewhat. Keep us updated. Also, I believe Donna Pauler is a
good source for Mac info and she is on this list. I think you know her.

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate
Studies in Art Education
Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX  76204
Quoting Woody Duncan <>:
> I have Photoshop CS2 on an i-mac PowerPC G5 using OS 10.4.6
> When I tried to open photoshop today I got this message:
> "Could not initialize Photoshop because the disc is not available"
> I reinstalled my photoshop software to no avail. What disc are they
> talking about ? It worked earlier today. The computer did go out
> and I had to turn the power off and back on to get it to restart.
> Does anyone know what's up here ?
> 				Frustrated in Albuquerque, Woody
> Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
> 35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
> Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
> Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703
> ?The function of the overwhelming majority of your artwork
> of your artwork that soars.?              from: ?Art & Fear?
> Woody's Watercolor Portfolio:
> Newest Fantastic Triplet Pics:
> My newest watercolors:
> ---