[teacherartexchange] Dada Exhibit at Museum of Modern Art

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 06:48:01 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

There is a good article on the Dada exhibit at the Museum of Modern
Art in today's New York Times (you will have to subscribe to read it).

'Dada' at MoMA: The Moment When Artists Took Over the Asylum
By MICHAEL KIMMELMAN
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/16/arts/design/16dada.html?th&emc=th

There are some great images that accompany the article.

Here is the link to MoMA site:
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2006/Dada.html

I really like Sophie Taeuber-Arp's marionettes. I couldn't find good
color images online - but there are some black and white photographs.
Sign up for New York Times to see good color pictures(be sure to check
the slide show).

National Gallery of Art DADA presentation has one of the marionettes:
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2006/dada/cities/index.shtm

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department