Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Interview tomorrow

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 20:17:43 PDT

When an interview starts, the principal usually will ask something like...tell
me about yourself. This is a good opening to tell them about your positive
professional skills. Avoid talking about personal details...focus on
professional skills. You can say something like...I am a committed
professional with XXX amount of experience. Then quickly ask the principal a
question...what kind of characteristics, skills or qualities do you expect in
an art teacher. His/her answer will tell you what kind of person they are
looking for and throughout the interview you can tell them stories and give
them examples of how you meet these qualifications..Just a suggestion that I
once received from a career counselor. I have often used this technique and it
has worked well for me.

> Awesome advice. Thanks!
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to