Re: [teacherartexchange] Interview tomorrow

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 19:09:15 PDT

I would ask why there is an opening, rather than why is the art teacher leaving.
 This may be a new position and that no one is leaving. Be diplomatic about
this question...wait until you get into the conversation more. Usually the
principal will tell you so you don't have to ask such an awkward question. I
would interview them like they are going to interview you. I would ask
questions about their educational philosophy, budgets, existing equipment,
evidence that they support the art program, goals/visions of the program and
how they see art fitting into the total school program. Ask for a written
curriculum...if there is none...be skeptical.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate