Re: [teacherartexchange] Graduation ceremony

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 07:23:13 PDT

We had the author of "Touching Spirit Bear" (forget his name) come speak at
our school. We had two other schools join us. There were two girls from a
visiting school who would not be quiet, and their teachers did nothing. SO,
the speaker stopped his talk and called them out. He told "the two girls
toward the back, yes, you two, are being extremely rude and disrespectful to
me right now and I refuse to continue my talk until you show me respect". It
was great! Yes, they quieted down - but my guess is they'll never read his
books! *L*
~Michal