Re: [teacherartexchange] Graduation ceremony

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 19:56:39 PDT

My son just graduated high school, and overall it was a nice ceremony. My
son wore shorts (I could have KILLED him!), but other than that he looked
nice. There was hollering when they announced one kid, but then nobody
thought that kid would make it so we just kind of overlooked it. Since it
was Mother's Day the seniors all walked in with roses and the principal had
the seniors give them to their moms during the ceremony, which was nice, and
pretty short. Way back when I graduated our ceremony was two evenings - did
anyone else suffer through that? I forget what the first one was called, but
we had a speaker come in and talk, and it had religous undertones. All the
choir & band performances was held then. Commencement was the next day when
we received our diplomas. Anyways, even though my son's ceremony was "nice"
it just didn't seem as special. I don't know if it's because more kids go on
to college or if it's just today's generation?
~Michal