[teacherartexchange] Graduation ceremony

---------

From: croberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 15:38:13 PDT

I went to my grandson's high school graduation last night and it was
absolute bedlam during 90% of the ceremony. It was NOT a pleasant
experience. You could not hear anything at all for all the hollering being
done by the people in the audience. We did not even know the speakers on
the stage were saying the pledge until we looked at the program. The
graduating seniors were quiet...but several of them danced across the stage
after receiving their diplomas. When my granddaughter graduated from the
same high school five years ago, it was the same.

I retired last year from teaching high school...and I can say that our
graduation ceremony was one held with dignity, respect, and with honor for
the students graduating. At the beginning of the ceremony, the principal
asked everyone to be respectful and that anyone hollering out would be
removed by the police. I think a few years ago, someone did have to be
escorted out...but not since.

I'm curious as to how the ceremonies are in some of your high schools.
Carolyn