Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] teaching portfolio

From: L Mitchell (lismatisse_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 16:39:16 PDT

I made a "scrapbook" of photos that I take in - it
shows several years worth of kids working and
completed student work. When I got a digital camera, I
started an electronic portfolio - I really like that
because I can add text to the slides to explain a
grade level or concept. I also have a 3 ring binder
with similar things everyone discussed - but other
things I have are:
In NC we also have an IGP - Individual Growth Plan
that outlines what we plan to do for the year
professionally - ie attend state/national art
I would also recommend any evaluations if you don't
have recommendations...did the principal observe you
and write up something or fill out a form? Make a
copy. In lieu of fingerprints - how about a Teaching
I agree, the pictures really speak for themselves. The
lesson and unit plans I include in the notebook are
good examples that I can elaborate on - or often
something discussed in an interview: ie give an
example of an integrated lesson you would do to
support reading?
Thanks for the reminder: I need to update my notebook!
I am applying for a position this week and they want a
list of ALL professional development attended for the
last 5 years. So that would also be something you
could start.
I know it's hard to decide on jobs...looking back is
always much easier than predicting the future. One
thing to consider with the elementary job - how many
classes a day, how long will classes be, etc....I had
a pretty good elementary schedule this year, but with
budget cuts they will add another class each day next
year to spread me a little thinner...more classes in
less days. That and my administration keep me looking.

Do You Yahoo!?