Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Portfolio

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 09:22:07 PDT

On Jun 9, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Maggie White wrote:

> M. Austin wrote:
>
>> Fingerprint cards must be a regional/city/??? type thing cause
>> I've never seen one. :-)
>

> In the state of AZ you must be fingerprinted and have a background
> check in order to work in the schools--teachers, support staff,
> even parent volunteers. Once you're cleared you get a clearance
> card which admin always wants to see early on in the interview.

The city of Albuquerque wanted to do background checks on docents
because we work with children.
The docents threw a fit and the city backed down. All they wanted
were Social Security numbers. I could
not believe all the uproar. I said we should all have gps chips put
in our shoulders so they could track
us. I was serious. I'm an old liberal and I don't care if they track
me. The city just passed a law that
requires dogs to be implanted with chips, why not people. Of course
I'm finding New Mexico to be
very animal friendly/concerned. The paper this morning had a large
article pushing for proper
shade for horses here. As for people, I think we should count too.
                                My Two Cents, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons