Re: [teacherartexchange] Artist/Teacher Portfolio

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 08:33:31 PDT

This is a situation that somewhat irks me about art teachers applying
for jobs. Does it seem that we're the only ones expected to have a
professional body of work, if not an actual exhibit schedule? Is the
language arts applicant expected to have published, or at least show the
Great American Novel in progress? Does the math applicant have to
develop new theories of algorithms in her spare time? Does the science
applicant spend the summer searching for a cure for cancer? Does the
P.E. teacher bring in a teaching portfolio in a gym bag?

Maggie, playing the devil's advocate