Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Portfolio

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 20:18:22 PDT

I think it depends on where you are and the size of the school. I know I won
over other candidates when I interviewed for my job 12 years ago because I
was the only one who had photos of student work. My administration had no
clue about art and liked the fact that I showed them examples of what they
could expect to see in their hallways. Between that and questions about how
I planned to handle discipline issues - those were their big concerns. I had
an extensive portfolio full of rubrics, lesson plans, etc as part of my
college graduation requirement, and nobody cared to see it. I was glad I had
it "just in case". Fingerprint cards must be a regional/city/??? type thing
cause I've never seen one. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids