Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Portfolio

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 17:11:26 PDT

On Jun 8, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Jayna Huffines wrote:

> Stacie, if you do decide to choose middle school, do
> know that it gets better. I spent my first year
> teaching crying and wondering "what have I done and
> what should I be doing instead?"

> My second year was a total turn around.

Stacie,
I knew I always wanted Middle School ... But the first three years were
a real learning curve. So one year will not tell you much. After 7 - 8
years it was a real breeze. I taught 6, 7 & 8th grade art in the
same inner city middle school for 27 years and have no regrets.
The students at this level have so much creative energy.
They are willing to try everything and even forgive
mistakes when you give them more than they can handle. I hope
you find the level that suits you best.
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net