Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Portfolio

---------

From: Sarah Critzman (sjcritzman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 13:18:53 PDT

I made two portfolio's - one professional type with
examples of lesson plans/rubrics, teaching statements,
a page about my own artwork, resume, etc. Then I had
a second much larger nice binder I picked up at an
Office store that just has a lot of clear plastic page
holders that I put tons of pictures of my kids, their
artwork, newspaper clippings, letters from
students/administrators, just about anything that was
about my previous experience.

When I went to interviews there was usually more than
one person so this way there were two things to pass
around as I answered questions. I was complimented
everytime on that fact (no one was bored - for
example, the reading teacher that sat on the interview
team had no idea what I was talking about she later
told me but liked me because she could look at the
pictures of what I have done and compare that to what
she'd seen other art teachers do).

I just keep that binder on my desk and throw things in
it all year long as I see fit - because I never know
when I might need it again!

Good Luck!