RE: [teacherartexchange] Thoughts on retirement, please!

---------

From: Alejandra Clerici Arias (eltallerdearte_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 11:14:39 PDT

Hi Irene,

really I didn't retire yet. I've been teaching for almost 20 years and I
enjoy it a lot. Although I'm looking forward to have more "free" time to
spend in other projects. Some of them I know that you, with your experience,
can work with them too.

What about shearing your experience with other teachers? You have a lot to
say and many things to teach others. You can organize some workshops that
you can offer to schools based in teaching practice (all about curriculum,
assessment, best works of art with whom students can learn a lot and you can
"show off", the best displays, etc.)

I know that you can organize an excellent workshop. It is going to be time
consuming to build it and to find schools that would like to work with you
(lot to do with your "free" time). But, when you reach to that point you
will be able to continue doing what you like most : teaching. And also be
able to prepare other teachers in the way you believe the Arts should be
delivered.

Regards,

Alejandra