Re: [teacherartexchange] Leonardo da Vinci

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 17:45:19 PDT

Wow, thanks! I have a few students who are DaVinci Code Fanatics and
who sit in class debating all the controversy. I'll pass this along
to them!

I, for one, am really glad that the Da Vinci Code has become so
popular. I do agree that he played fast and loose with his historical
"facts," but I am so thrilled to see my high school students so
interested in art history. This book and movie have given my classes
some excellent dialogue about everything from Phi (the Golden Mean) to
religious symbolism and the use of art to show hidden meaning through
those symbols. So, yay, Dan Brown! :)

Becky