[teacherartexchange] Two AZ openings

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 10:44:51 PDT

Hi, all,

While perusing the want ads this morning I saw an ad for an elementary
art teacher with the Vail school district, which is south of Tucson
http://www.vail.k12.az.us/ I looked at its Web site and you would have
to start July 5. You get three weeks off in late Sept/Oct, two at
Christmas, two for spring break.

Yesterday I went for an interview at a charter school in NW Tucson that
needs art, music, and drama teachers for MS and HS. I could fake it
with drama (have a minor in theatre, though it's stage design, not
acting) but not music. That seemed okay with the principal. He said I
could teach 6th art, 8th drama (8th graders and drama: now THERE'S a
redundacy!) and HS art and drama. The pay was surprisingly bad,
though: $28,000 even with my qualifications and experience, but starting
pay is $26,000. I turned it down. Perhaps if you're a newly-minted
teacher who could teach at least two of the arts, you might be
interested. http://www.sonoranacademy.org/web/default.asp There's no
place on the Web site for applying, but if you're interested I could
send you the information. Write to me privately.

Maggie