[teacherartexchange] Summer Altered Book Tip In Swap - Interested?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 06:54:15 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Several have asked me if there was going to be a summer tip in swap. I
will organize one or two groups (depending on interest). For Altered
Book Tip Ins, you remove pages from your book - then you Tip In the
original fine art pages from the group. If there are ten members in
the group, you make ten pages to send to me, I collect all of them and
send you back ten different pages (or you keep the page you want and
send me nine). Some groups have chosen to do the inside spread (a
folded 8 1/2 x 11" page). Other groups have chosen to do one 5 1/2 x 8
1/2" front and back. The inside spread pages work nicely for making a
Star Book - you simply glue (or use double sided tape) outside edges
of the back side together.
No matter how many are in the group, the maximum number of pages you
will make will be ten (it will be a ten for ten swap).

If you are interested - reply to me OFF LIST (judy.decker at
gmail.com) with the following information.

Name (first and last):
Summer email address:
Mailing address:
Suggested theme:
One page front and back?
Inside spread facing pages?
(select your preference)

Size will be a standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 or 8 1/2 x 11 folded. It gets
too confusing trying to make different sizes for different people.

I will collect names for one week only - then will get back to you.
You will have June and July to make your pages.... Mail back to you
will be first week of August so you have time to prepare your book to
use with students. Please check you calendars before making a
commitment. I know emergencies do come up.

You are responsible for postage both ways. I prefer to mail to you
Priority Mail (which is a standard $4. 05 now - I get the mailers for
free from the post office). Folks who chose first class often do not
include enough postage for the return and I make up the difference.

Note: I will not organize another Round Robin - but someone else is
welcome to do that. There has been some interest in Round Robins. For
a Round Robin, you select a book, do your sign in pages and a few
spreads, then mail it on to another member of the group. Books
continue moving on to group members to do spreads then it is mailed
back to you after making the round to all group members.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/