Re: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 20:13:15 PDT

I use 18x24" tagboard. Fold in 1/2 to make it 12x18". I tape one edge,
leaving 2 edges open for easy insertion of artwork. As long as they hold it
upright nothing falls out. I usually make a "coloring" type sheet on legal
paper that contains a color wheel, different types of line, shapes, etc. for
students to refer to throughout the year. They are just line drawings, and
the kids can color on them when they have down time. I write their name
large in sharpie (older students write their own name), and their grade at
the top. When we clean up all portfolios get passed to the end with all
names facing the same direction. I have a bookcase I store these on. When I
was on a cart I had the classroom teacher store them and distribute them
before I came in.
~Michal