RE: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:38:39 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren High [mailto:darren_high@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:29 PM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

I would like some input on how you do student art
exhibits at your school.

1.) How often do you have student art exhibits? Once
a semester? Once a year? Once a month

2.) Where in the school do you have the exhibit? The
hallways? The cafeteria? In our student run gallery

4.) How do you mat the work? How do you hang the work
on the wall? Is there a place where you can purchase
large quantities of 18x24 construction paper in black
or gray to use for matting? Depends on the work, sometimes we mat other
times we just put in on paper, sometimes we frame.

5.) Do the students name the art pieces or do you come
up with the titles? No titles

6.) Do you have a reception for the art show? Yes every month we have
an official "opening".

7.) How is the work selected for the art show? So far the work has
been submitted by the students or the teachers and accepted into the show.

8.) Is there a set number of pieces each student is
required or allowed to have an exhibit? No

9.)Do you have the works judged and select pieces
awarded with ribbons or certificates, or it strictly
an exhibition? No, strictly an exhibit.

10.) How long does it take you to prepare for the show
and get everything set up? What sort of help do you
receive to get this done? Are the students involved
in hanging the show? The art club runs the art gallery, theoretically
selects the work (although we so far have accepted everything), hangs the
work, runs the reception.

The art club "sets" the theme for the monthly show, sends out invitations to
the other
schools and the community, gathers the work, hangs the work, decorates the
gallery to the theme,
arranges the reception around the theme.

San D

Feel free to add any additional comments that you may
have regarding this topic.