Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:14:49 PDT

I think it would be more interesting for the students
to have to be forced to use their imaginations to
create some of the weird Seuss creatures and
inventions rather than trying to copy how Seuss
created them. For example, what does a Lorax or a
Sneetch look like based on only the text provided in
the book? I imagine that all the students in the
class would have a slightly different interpretation
of those characters.

If I did this assignment I would actually try to get
it completed before Read Across America so it could be
on display at the time of that event.

http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/third/creatures.html