Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 17:55:52 PDT

This is a great idea! Each class could create a different Dr.Seuss book, and
you could easily divide the pages according to the number of students in
each class. I don't think that showing the students the illustrations prior
would influence the students into copying, because they are so unique. I do
a lesson with my 3rd grade (Creature Features) that would actually tie in
well with this. I have posters of different features, and students must
choose either one of the features on my poster, or use them as inspiration.
You can see the posters at
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/third/creatures.html .
~Michal