Re: [teacherartexchange] grammar

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 14:21:24 PDT

vranck0602@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Ann and all,
> I don't particularly wish this evil book on anyone, but....there is
> the evil APA manual. It has everything you ever need to know about
> publishable grammar, but finding it is Nuts!

EVIL?! I always found it quite useful and still refer to it on
occasional when I'm trying to be somewhat scholarly (like, for an NAEA
handout). But then, I worked as an editiorial assistant for a prof who
was the editor of Studies in Art Education, so I practically had it
memorized. I still remember a lot of the proofreader's marks. Heehee,
a lot of Big Names in Art Education have no idea a lowly grad student
was bleeding red ink all over their manuscripts.

Anyway, Ann, Strunk and White's The Elements of Style is still quite
useful, though there's no info on diagramming sentences. And will you
please satisfy my curiousity why you even want to?

Maggie