Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 13:56:56 PDT

A lot of the art lessons I have read online are
assembly line type projects that require a specific
subject matter created in a specific way.

I kind of like the project involving making fish out
of plastic 2 liter bottles, but I think there are
enough varieties and colors of fish that the all of
the projects would look different. It's not the same
as everone making shamrocks or Santa Claus in the same
way.

I'm not sure about the idea of making projects related
to specific religions in art. I think one could argue
that if you don't belong to that religion then it is a
multicultural project, but there would be a need to
represent a variety of religions and cultures
throughout the year and not just Christian holidays.
Would St. Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day be
considered Christian holidays since both are named for
Christian saints?