Re: [teacherartexchange] where to get supplies

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 03:40:25 PDT

Staples has some sort of promotion going now where
teachers can get some free supplies for submitting a
supply list that includes certain items. You can find
out all the details on their website.

Wal-Mart currently has lots of school supplies on sale
for less than a quarter. The Crayola crayon 24 count
box is about a quarter while the Rose Art crayons in
the same size box are a dime. I have never used Rose
Art crayons so I bought a box and they seem fine. A
lot of non-Crayola crayons are just poor quality.

S & S has free shipping for orders over $750. They
also do bids. I sent them a list of what I wanted and
they cut about $150 off of the list price total (which
was right at a thousand).

I wish I would have known about some of these other
catalog companies earlier so I could have done more
price comparisons. I did compare S & S to Dick Blick
on exact items like Crayola Tempera and various
Crayola classpacks and found S & S to be cheaper.

I'm still not sure about the Color Splash brand, but
the washable tempera was only $8 a gallon compared to
$16 for the Crayola brand, so I thought I would give
it a shot. I'm sure it's a lower quality paint, but
it might be fine since it will used to introduce color
mixing and painting to K-6 students.