[teacherartexchange] MS Lesson Plans - Notan Masks/Notan - Sculpture Portraits

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 12:44:40 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Lotte Petricone sent me a bunch a lessons to share. Some will be added
to existing lessons - some will have their own page. While she did
these with middle school - you will find they can be adapted to other
grades, too.

Here is a FUN lesson plan you might want to try - Paper Mache figure
sculptures. I think these are close to life size.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lotte-sculpture.htm
Marisol Escobar was inspiration. You can also use Jagdish - the paper
sculptor from India.

Notan is always a popular lesson - here is a lesson plan with resources:
Expanding the Square:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lotte-Notan.htm
Larry Prescott provided the images - Lotte Petricone the lesson.

These paper/tagboard Notan Masks are really lively - and a nice
extension to Notan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lotte-Notan2.htm

I'll try to cluster new lessons as I get them added.

Enjoy these,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department