RE:[teacherartexchange] high school budget

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 08:43:12 PDT

In my district we are allowed to collect fees to help offset the cost of
materials. As they are 'consumable goods' that the students are asked to
help offset the cost of, our budget is quite healthy which allows us to
offer a wide range of art courses. The base fee per class is $15 or about
50% of the budget set aside for each class. We figure our budgets at
approximately $7,000 per year per full-time teacher (that reflects roughly
360 students per year per teacher (roughly 1,000 students are attending art
classes at my school).

Kevan