Re: [teacherartexchange] Books on English grammar

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 06:58:07 PDT

Hi Folks,
    Judy's previous post about writing has prompted me to ask you for
recommendations on any books about basic English grammar--like parts of a
sentence, how to diagram, verb tenses, etc. What "code" words would I use
for a search topic? I am getting nowhere with "English grammar." If you
know of any high school or college level textbooks that would be good
resources, please let me know. Do the ESL programs have good textbooks that
would be helpful?

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired