[teacherartexchange] Advice to "Newbies" - Internet Writing Guide

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 06:13:52 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Suggested reading for "novice" list members.....

This link was posted to Net Gold list:
Internet Writing Guide (among many other links):
http://www.intwg.com/

I just took my ten minute refresher course and promise to do better
(smile). It is no secret that I am the world's worst typist and proof
reader. I will try to improve...and will try not to "annoy"...and my
apologies to anyone who may have been annoyed by THIS post - as it is
not directed at anyone in particular. We will all benefit if we try
harder to snip quoted messages (see Quoting section). One thing they
are missing that should be in Clarity section is to write clear
subject lines so readers have a good idea what is in the message.

There was also a link posted for a writing course, but you had to pay for that.

Please don't post any replies to this message to the list as they are
not necessary. If you do reply - remove my email address so it does
not get archived.
(Note - at present, Getty is not removing the email addresses that
appear when you make replies so those addresses are archived for email
bots to harvest. The great majority of my posts need no replies, when
they do, I will include this message each time asking that you snip
out my address).

Regards,

Judy Decker

--