[teacherartexchange] teaching art lessons

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 02:51:07 PDT

wow I have my answer. I can not start a new message but can reply to the
digest. How odd. Still in reply to teaching art lessons. My dear friend in
a neighboring town has successfully taught art lesson every summer. At
first she taught them under the umbrella of the local YWCA. It was helpful
because of liability insurance. than for a while she could use her art
room, because it was service provided for the community. she is now
teaching in her home. She scheduled small groups like aged for 1 hour or
1 hr 15 units. She bought all her own supplies, and was highly organized.
The groups were 4-6 kids. and the schedule was intense. 9-10:15
10:15-11:30 12-11:15
I think every day. Teens on the later side cause of their need to sleep
late. I think the sessions were for 2 weeks. If you are serious about
talking to her ( I think she is a national treasure) email me privately and
I will give you her telephone number. Randy in Maine