[teacherartexchange] Please do not post my email address to be archived

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 08:56:14 PDT

Greetings TeacherArtExchange,

Getty went to great lengths to remove all of my (and yours) old email
addresses from their archives. I switched to this email address
because of all the Spam I was getting on my Yahoo address (and because
that address had been "blacklisted"). I only use that account now for
IAD mail and Ed Tech list (as Ed Tech still archives posts with email
addresses shown). I get a "ton" of spam on my Yahoo account and it has
been harvested by email bots to send spoofed virus emails.

I do not want this account to be picked up by email bots - so please,
do not post it to the list to be archived. If you make a reply to one
of my posts - make sure you cut my email address from your reply. I
will make sure when I post replies to the list that your email address
does not show as well. In addition, please do not post my off list
replies to you. If I want them on the list, I will post them myself.

I don't want this address to get picked up by email bots and spoofed.
I lost two accounts in the past because of the frequency my address
appeared in Getty archives (as they were spoofed and sending viruses).

I don't know how Getty did it - but they even removed all of my email
addresses that I had posted in my signature so members could contact
me more easily. I appreciate all they did....So PLEASE do not post
this address to the list - cut my message (including only a small
snippet) if you reply to one of my posts. So far this account is
almost "spam free" and I want to keep it that way.

Getty TeacherArtExchange Staff - a BIG thank you if you read this. Is
there a way to keep email addresses from showing when replies are
made? I noticed that with many replies the addresses show (I even
posted some addresses in my replies).

Regards,

Judy Decker

--