Re: [teacherartexchange] whole school art project

---------

From: Laurie Reber (lareb18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 19:02:32 PDT

Ann,

In conjuction with, and in addition to Pinwheels for
Peace, I have begun having my students make origami
cranes (echoing the story "Sadako and the Thousand
Paper Cranes). Because World Peace Day falls so
closely to the anniversary of Sept. 11, my plan is to
have the students make over 1600 white origami cranes
to represent the American soldier casualties in the
Iraqi war. If we have the time, we will make enough
cranes to represent ALL soldiers lost in the war. We
will string the cranes on fishing line and hang so
that they look as if they are flying. The cranes,
together with the pinwheels, will make a wonderful
display for the community to help us all remember that
we should "give peace a chance."