Re: [teacherartexchange] Ordering Supplies - S & S?

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 12:38:49 PDT

I just called them, but they said they don't send out
product samples. They did say that for large orders
like most schools would place they do offer additional
discounts through their bids department.

I know the Crayola and Prang materials would be better
quality, but with the small budget I have to work with
the cheaper stuff might be okay.

I plan on getting a lot of materials at Wal-Mart since
they have the school supplies on sale right now. You
can get a 4oz bottle of Elmer's Glue-All for twenty
cents, 24 count box of Crayola crayons for twenty five
cents, 24 count box of Rose Art crayons for a dime,
etc. All of that is much cheaper than Dick Blick, S &
S, or any other art supply websites I have checked.

I'm also thinking of having each grade bring one
supply to contribute to the inventory. For example
the 1st graders would all bring markers, the second
graders would all bring colored pencils, third grade
would bring liquid hand soap, etc. Those supplies
would then go into inventory and be shared between all
the classes. Has anyone tried something like that?