Re: [teacherartexchange] Ordering Supplies - S & S?

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 12:21:11 PDT

I ordered from them awhile back, but don't remember exactly what I ordered
(it's been awhile). To stretch your budget you might try ordering maybe the
primary colors in a questionable paint, then if you like it you can order
more. OR you can get really creative with low quality supplies. I once
ordered a washable tempera that I thought would be good for my little ones.
It ended up being so transparent that both the kids and I hated it. However,
it worked out great watered down abit more and used as a wash. There are so
many different products out there that you'll never know until you try it
whether you'll like it or not. I will say that sometimes paint of a higher
quality actually goes farther than cheap ones. One of my favorite paints for
primary students is (of course the name escapes me right now - my catalog is
at school) a tempera that is mult-purpose. You can use it directly as a
paint, you can paint on wax paper, let dry, and it "magically" becomes a
window cling, OR my favorite, put some in a special solution and it turns
into putty, which can then be kneaded with another color to learn color
mixing. If anyone is interested in knowing more about this product I'll
check next time I'm at school.
~Michal