Re: [teacherartexchange] Image Transfer onto Metal - a "how to"

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 09:07:55 PDT

I take my images (usually black on white) and print them to transparancies.
Then I take an old iron (one that doesn't shut itself off after 5 minutes of
non-use), clamp it so the iron side is flat, place my metal on the iron
until it is warm, then lay my transparancy (ink side down) onto the metal.
This is great for metal embossing, and easy enough for HS students to do.
~Michal