[teacherartexchange] Image Transfer onto Metal - a "how to"

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 07:54:56 PDT

Greetings Altered Book Enthusiasts all Jewelers,

This was posted to Altered Book list and shared here with permission.

From Jules:

I know we're always interested in knowing more about image transfer
techniques. Well, the guest on the Carol Duvall show this morning
demonstrated image transfer on to metal. Here is a link to the
website showing the directions:

http://tinyurl.com/akjw7

What I found so interesting about this was the guest says an image
that is printed on an inkjet printer CAN be used as a transfer if it
is heat-set in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes! I always
understood you could only use an image that had been made either on a
copy machine or a laser printer.

These were really good looking metal pieces when she finished, with
very clear images. The website gives details and also lists supplies
used.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--