Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Image Transfer onto Metal - a "how to"

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 07:54:56 PDT

Greetings Altered Book Enthusiasts all Jewelers,

This was posted to Altered Book list and shared here with permission.

From Jules:

I know we're always interested in knowing more about image transfer
techniques. Well, the guest on the Carol Duvall show this morning
demonstrated image transfer on to metal. Here is a link to the
website showing the directions:

What I found so interesting about this was the guest says an image
that is printed on an inkjet printer CAN be used as a transfer if it
is heat-set in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes! I always
understood you could only use an image that had been made either on a
copy machine or a laser printer.

These were really good looking metal pieces when she finished, with
very clear images. The website gives details and also lists supplies
Those of you really serious about altered books will want to join the
Yahoo lists. TONS of good tips in their archives.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to