Re: [teacherartexchange] Starting a web site?

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 07:12:13 PDT

I have my students in my webpage design class use Netscape so they can view
the HTML simultaneously with the visual, plus it is really easy to use. OR
you can use Microsoft Word, and when you click to save make sure you are
saving it as a web page (it has all the features you need). If you use any
of these type programs you'll have to find a server AND learn how to upload
your stuff - either through an online program or FTP. An easy way to learn
what you're doing is to use Geocities free page maker. It allows you to do
everything online. Later, once you've learned what you're doing you can then
move your pages. I have a "starter" page - the one where I experimented and
learned everything. I still have it, but don't use it for much (except that
is where all my pond pages are, and they still get alot of hits...) The
hardest part is figuring out exactly what you want to do! :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids