Re: [teacherartexchange] whole school art project

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 12:54:10 PDT

On Jun 25, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Carol ONeil wrote:

> Look into the pinwheels for peace project I think it is worldwide
> and culminates in Oct- carol

Pinwheels for Peace is an art installation project that is set for
Sept. 21st, 2005 which is World Peace Day.
I think it would be a wonderful "back to school" project for any
school - it has an art component and a writing component and can be
adapted to any grade level or subject area.

The great thing about this project is that by participating, you
become a part of a larger community of people, all installing on the
same day, and all seeking some sort of peace in their lives. So far,
approximately 200 locations have indicated that they will be spinning
pinwheels on World Peace Day - we are definitely looking for more
participation!

Go to http://www.pinwheelsforpeace.com for more information. If you
click on "make a pinwheel", you can download a template and
instructions to use with your students. If you are going to
participate, please email me your location so we can put you on our map!

Also, if you know anyone who lives outside of the U.S., please pass
on the word to them for us - we are hoping that this becomes a global
art installation of "whirled peace".

thanks,
Ann
http://www.pinwheelsforpeace.com