[teacherartexchange] Metropolitan Museum of Art Timeline - Updated - WOW!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 09:21:26 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have just spent a lot of time on Metropolitan Museum of Art History Timeline:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/splash.htm

It is now updated to 2000.... and has many Special Features added.
The Timeline of Art History is a chronological, geographical, and
thematic exploration of the history of art from around the world, as
illustrated especially by the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection.

Special Topics in the Timeline focus on specific themes in art
history. They cover subjects such as artistic movements and periods,
archaeological sites, empires and civilizations, recurrent themes and
concepts, media such as painting, sculpture, and ceramics, and
artists.

Read more about it:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/intro/atr/atr.htm

See how you can use the timeline:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/intro/atr/nav.htm

I have this linked on my Art Education page - and USA Museums.

I will save this to run as a Great Site for August or September.

I have added links to many of my cultural pages as those are
frequently visited (3000 to 8000 hits each month on those pages). I
didn't add them to the New Links page since folks don't really look
there. As always, if you are looking for cultural resources and do
not find them on my site - drop me a line and I will add them. I have
a lot of info collected that is not on my site. I am just waiting to
hear from you on what is needed.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--