Re: [teacherartexchange] whole school art project

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 07:13:19 PDT

I did a district wide mural to tie the two consolidated communities together. It served two purposes: one was to encourage everyone to participate, and the other was to camoflauge an UGLY orange brick wall (our colors are red & black, yet this orange wall was right inside the main entrance). I purchased blank ceramic tiles and paint pens. I wanted the paint pens, since at the high school level I don't have all the students, and the paint pens allowed community members to take their tile home and work within their comfort zone. Because I was encouraging toddlers - senior citizens to create a tile I didn't have a theme. I want to do one for the grade school using self-portraits as a theme. You can see it on our school webpage (I am the webmaster and junior sponsor, so my stuff is pretty predominate! *L*) at http://www.usd492.org
~Michal

  My principal has suggested that next fall our entire student body participate in an art project to sort of bond us together. Has anyone done such a project where every student participates simultaneously. Some of these kids won't even have art class so it will have to be something other teachers can guide the kids through too. I am at a loss... any ideas?