[teacherartexchange] Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology - Mexican Folk Art - more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 06:51:36 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Phoebe A. Hearst Museum
of Anthropology Web site.
http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/

Those of you who teach Mexican Folk Art will want to take a look at
this exhibit (it is all folk art).
Tesoros Escondidos: Hidden Treasures from the Mexican Collections.
http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/exhibitions/mexico2/mexico2_splash.html
Since this is a temporary exhibit - I would check now for images.
Download the pdf file on Mexican Folk Art:
http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/outreach/teacher_resources.html
scroll down... You will see they also have a Teaching Kit available
(lucky for list members within driving distrance to this museum).

A Century of Collecting has some great Pre-Columbian ceramics - and more:
http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/exhibitions/cent/splash.html

There are pdf files for Yoruba Art and Culture, Chinese Folk Art and
California Indians.

I have added this museum to my page on USA Museums.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department