Re: [teacherartexchange] meaning as overemphasized...technique held in contempt

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 11:00:28 PDT

I know exactly what you mean about not being supported
going into teaching art. I was have a BFA in painting
and when I announced to my adoring professors that I
was going to get certified to teach one of them told
me I was wasting my talent and my whole life!! One of
them just said, well, I guess you have to feed your
kids. And all of my peers acted like I was selling
out! I just didn't get it..where do they think they
all got their love of art and desire to major in art
if not from their k-12 art teachers? - Mikel