Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] "Treasure Box" Lesson idea (elementary - grade 6)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 08:10:22 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a lesson idea that was listed in Riverdeep Newsletter:

Treasure Boxes:
These can use scrap foam core board from the frame shops. You can make
them any size. It would be a good lesson to tie in Russian and French
art/craft. I can think of many ways these could be decorated/finished
- even paper mached.
For younger students, you will have to do the cutting of the foam core
to make the box.

You could have handles for the lid made from Sand cast shells:
This link was also listed in Riverdeep Newsletter.

To subscribe to the FREE Classroom Flyer, visit:

This week, they had two lesson plages from IAD listed. I signed on
just to see what they featured from IAD.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to