Re: [teacherartexchange] best state to work in if an art educator?

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 06:42:15 PDT

I don't know about Kansas as a whole, but I know in my district I am very supported. My budget is adequate, but surprisingly large for a district of less than 300 students.
~Michal

    Just for the sake of discussion and because I am so dissatisfied with the way arts education is moving in my district, what would you members say is the state that most supports arts education? Do any of you work in states or districts where you feel very valued and where the powers that be support you? I live in Washington State and the support leaves a bit to be desired...
    What do you think in terms of districts to work for who are very supportive and stable in terms of arts education?