[teacherartexchange] Curriculum Standards (New York) - Lesson Plans - Cave Art Site

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 08:32:24 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This site was posted to Net Gold list:
NY Learns.org: Setting the Standards
http://www.nylearns.org/
It lists the standards for all the arts (closely parallels National Standards).
Those of you wishing to do interdisciplinary lessons can check
standards for core subjects as well.

I browsed the Lesson Plans and found one for Mosaic Masks I am going
to tack onto my Mosaics lesson plan (revising it considerably in my
own words - and linking to the NY lesson).

I will add this link to my Comprehensive Arts page

Here is a site I found linked on the Cave Art Lesson Plan:

http://www.mcdougallittell.com/whist/netact/U1/U1main.htm#1

(by McDougal Littell Inc., a Houghton Mifflin Company)
I browsed it and found many of the "Connect" links broken, but you
could find your own ways to connect to lives today. (Site works on the
"Point - Question - Connect" approach to teaching units).

I will add this link to my page for Cave Art

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department