[teacherartexchange] Advice for New Teachers

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 07:14:46 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

These tips/resources were recommended in Riverdeep Newsletter.

First is help on creating a substitute teacher packet - the second tip
is on developing appropriate consequences for rule infractions.

SUBSTITUTE TEACHER PACKET:
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/downloads/pdf/sub_info.pdf
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/downloads/pdf/sub_checklist.pdf

This will even help veteran teachers who do not have a Sub folder.

CONSEQUENCES FOR BREAKING RULES:
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/downloads/pdf/consequences_for_breaking_rules.pdf

Make sure the consequences you set up are appropriate for the infraction.

I signed up to receive these newsletters. There is one geared to art on Friday.
The Classroom Flyer is a FREE email newsletter provided by
Riverdeep. Sign up online at: http://riverdeep.net/flyer
I signed up to see what lessons they feature from Incredible Art
Department. They have already had several featured in just the short
time I have been receiving them.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--