Re:[teacherartexchange] "Teacher Real Art-Making"

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 14:40:34 PDT

In a message dated 6/21/2005 10:05:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
artworknow@yahoo.com writes:

> "If it has no personal relevance, how can student artwork mean anything to
> either its creator or its viewers? How can it be real art?" I
Art-Educators,
Get this. In my today's Orlando Sentinnel newpaper, they had an article
titled. " Chimp's artwork outsells Renoir, Warhol and shows a photo of a 1957
painting with various colored smears by Congo the chimpanzee.Three of his paintings
sold at auction in London for $26,352. ( I should be so lucky!) I guess they
must have had "some personal relevance" and "meant something to the buyer? (
;o> BTW, Congo produced 400 drawings(?) and paintings(??) between ages 2-4
and died in 1964 of TB.
MarshArt in Orlando